Personnel Security Coordinator - Top Secret Clearance
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PERSONNEL SECURITY COORDINATOR - TOP SECRET CLEARANCE
The Personnel Security Coordinator will operate with little supervision under a Security Manager with responsibility for day-to-day administration of Personnel Security (PERSEC) for multiple proprietary programs and customers in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Manages the tracking, maintenance, submittal, and approval of all clearances/special accesses
- Must be familiar with DISS, JADE and TALON PERSEC processing procedures, and SIMS software
- Oversees new access requests
- Responsible for strategic decisions to determine type of processing required
- Processes different case types, to include, but not limited to initials, crossovers, reinvestigations, badge renewals, contract changes, and upgrades
- Manages requests for Standard Form (SF) 86 packages and provides instructions for completion
- Oversees the review of clearance packages for accuracy and completeness and initiates follow up actions as necessary
- Responsible for polygraph coordination and scheduling
- Responsible for tracking Foreign travel & foreign Contact reporting of cleared employees to ensure PERSEC records are up to date across multiple databases (SIMS, DISS, NBIS, JADE, TALON)
- Conduct pre-travel and post-travel security briefings
- Process classified visit requests for multiple levels and provide MM’s with verified visitor list
- Manages CAC badge expirations and submits renewals
- Counsels individuals who have been denied access and assists employees through the appeal process, as necessary
- Generates and publishes periodic reports
- Takes appropriate actions to ensure the cleared population is/remains enrolled in continuous evaluation
- Prepares and submits annual personnel clearance certification reports in accordance with contractual requirements
- Works with customers to correct discrepancies
- Assists in the development, administration, and update of procedures
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of professional experience specifically as a U.S. Government employee or U.S. Government contractor, performing one or more of the following: preparing U.S. Government forms SF85, SF85P, and SF86, processing security clearances, and assisting with security briefings/visits
- Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree
- Strong knowledge of 32 CFR 117 (NISPOM), IC directives, and DoDM 5205.07 Volumes 1-4 SAP Manuals, and related security policy and procedures
- Strong knowledge of the Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP), TALON, JADE and DISS system/familiarity with other U.S. Government systems
- An active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance is required. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing
- Favorable completion of a U.S. Government polygraph pursuant to employment
- Ability to travel (<25%) in support of programmatic requirements
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Personnel Security Coordinator: $30.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation and will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.