Production Coordinator (Launch Hardware) - Night Shift
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PRODUCTION COORDINATOR (LAUNCH HARDWARE) - NIGHT SHIFT
The Production Coordinator is a linchpin role within SpaceX’s launch and production teams. Production Coordinators work in support of all launch and production leadership staff to ensure the on time delivery of components and assemblies.
- Create inventory requests based on production work orders and replacement parts
- Maintain production schedules through the coordination of planning and shortage management in the production build
- Ensure parts are handled and protected properly and within SpaceX specifications
- Interface with engineers and technicians on the release of work orders for build
- Reconciliation of work order bill of material quantities
- Maintain a high integrity in regards to company computer systems per procedures. Assist with resolution of incorrect system data which is driving inappropriate demand, schedules, or could result in general failure
- Verify all material received for conformity with accompanying paperwork, checking for damage, correct part numbers, quantity and revisions prior to release of work orders to production
- Work with production customers for priority and schedule requirements
- Assist materials management leadership and project teams with action item updates as required
- Communicate part status and estimated completion dates to leadership upon request
- Assist production teams in corrective actions
- Support logistics process through innovative staging of workflow
- Perform de-kitting operations and own the return to stock process
- Support productivity improvement
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ year(s) of supply chain, inventory or manufacturing experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems
- Associates degree in a business or technology field
- Experience in aerospace, automotive, semiconductor or electronic manufacturing environment
- Experience operating forklifts
- APICS certification
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Ability to work the following shift: Monday - Friday 4:00pm - 2:30am
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift heavy objects is required in this position (up to 25 lbs. unassisted)
- Ability to work at elevated heights
- Ability to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain, etc.
- Ability to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Willingness to operate machinery such as forklifts and loaders when needed
- Available for overtime and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility required
- Able to and available for travel (up to 20% of time), including military and government installations
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Production Coordinator/Level 1: $20.00 - $23.00/hour
Production Coordinator/Level 2: $22.50 - $27.00/hour
Production Coordinator/Level 3: $25.00 - $30.00/hour
Your actual level and base salary will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may vary based on the following considerations: job-related knowledge and skills, education, and experience.
Base salary is just one part of your total rewards package at SpaceX. You may also be eligible for long-term incentives, in the form of company stock, stock options, or long-term cash awards, as well as potential discretionary bonuses and the ability to purchase additional stock at a discount through an Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You will also receive access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage, access to a 401(k) retirement plan, short & long-term disability insurance, life insurance, paid parental leave, and various other discounts and perks. You may also accrue 3 weeks of paid vacation & will be eligible for 10 or more paid holidays per year.
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a (i) U.S. citizen or national, (ii) U.S. lawful, permanent resident (aka green card holder), (iii) Refugee under 8 U.S.C. § 1157, or (iv) Asylee under 8 U.S.C. § 1158, or be eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.