Sr. Label Relations Manager (Remote)
JOB TITLE: Sr Label Relations Manager
LOCATION: (NEW YORK, REMOTE)
This role is at the heart of managing our relationships and business with distributed sample labels. It represents a new tone we want to set in the industry as we reintroduce how we partner with the community at large.
WHO WE ARE:
We are a producers playground, delivering music creators the tools they need to bring their ideas to life. With a massive, industry-leading catalog of licensed samples, paired with powerful AI, and access to affordable plugins and DAWS, Splice kicks sound discovery, inspiration, and creative output into overdrive.
HOW WE WORK:
At Splice, DISCO is a rallying cry for collaboration, accountability and unity within our organization; Direct, Inclusive, Splice Together, Creator Centric and Optimistic. Our shared success depends on our ability to support one another, work well together and communicate directly. By embracing flexibility and a unified approach, we can navigate anything that’s thrown at us.
Splice embraces a culture of remote work. You’ll see your colleagues showing up from across the US and the UK. In order to keep us working well as a team, we have regular communication, including Town Halls, departmental All Hands and get-togethers.
When you join Splice, you join a network of colleagues, peers, and collaborators. Are you ready?
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and execute a strategy for maintaining and growing Splice’s relationships with over 60 distributed labels, including best practices for managing relationships and evaluating new providers
- Manage an internal team
- Manage and negotiate contracts
- Conduct and report on bi-annual label NPS surveys
- Regularly meet w/ high priority labels
- Create improvements for external partners and advocate for their success internally
- You’re a credible, self-aware, action-oriented manager
- A Splice representative at all times: maintaining composure, a customer service mentality and creator advocacy
- You have experience working with independent businesses and artists
- You’re able to walk ambiguous lines gracefully, and work within business constraints
- You are able to find creative solutions that foster good relationships
- Conflict and tough conversations roll off your back and don’t ruin your day
- Able to bubble up information to leadership at the right altitude
NICE TO HAVES:
- Prior knowledge of or experience within the creator economy
- Experience working collaboratively with Product, Legal, Financial and Marketing functions
- Experience working at a high-growth tech company
In accordance with New York law, the salary range for this role if filled within New York is $102,500 - $127,500.
Splice is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Required in US jobs, do not delete)
Splice provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.