Staff Technical Program Manager
Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020 and 2021. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
What you will do:
- Execute: Own and manage multiple complex technical programs within engineering as a leader to drive consensus and action. Proactively identify issues and solutions, and marshal resources to attack and remove blockers.
- Communicate: Clearly communicate and collaborate across the organization to support program execution and enhance predictability. Be the voice of expertise when it comes to operational excellence.
- Collaborate: Partner with product, design, and engineering leaders to drive alignment across the organization and between teams. Coordinate with teams to identify, track, and prioritize impacts to timelines and quality.
- Process Improvements: Identify and implement process improvements and tooling to optimize team workflows and engineering effectiveness. Use data and metrics to extract insights, back up or challenge assumptions, make recommendations, prioritize features, and drive actions.
- Planning & Strategy: Break down complex issues into strategies to drive engineering alignment. Improve the planning and implementation of complex technical programs for timely delivery with globally distributed engineering teams.
- Leadership: Lead without direct authority to drive effective technical program execution. Build trust and a positive work culture.
What you will bring with you:
- 6+ years of experience as a Technical Program Manager at a technology company.
- Have owned and lead complex, multi-disciplinary, and highly visible technical and operational initiatives for work streams across cross-functional (engineering, product, business), globally distributed teams.
- Experience thriving in fast-paced, ambiguous environments, identifying trade-offs, and making decisions with limited information in high-pressure situations. Startup experience at a high-growth company is a plus.
- Experience learning the technical details of programs and initiatives to drive decision-making and problem-solving. Being more than just a conduit between people and teams.
- Experience designing and rolling out operational programs or processes that measurably improved the customer or employee experience.
- An expert at communicating concisely and effectively with key stakeholders, and an expert at listening to understand and act on the needs of others.
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Jira, and Confluence.
What we look for:
- Someone who will take the reins and operate autonomously with a bias for action.
- Someone who forms big ideas that are galvanizing; showing that they generate energy and excitement around the impact of those ideas.
- Someone who is self-motivated and a lifelong learner.
- Someone who thinks into the future - contextualizing tactical decisions around their broader, strategic impact.
- Someone who is thoughtful in being collaborative and building a positive team culture with psychological safety.
- Someone who is a great storyteller that is clear and concise, and a great listener that is able to understand, process, and act on the needs of a variety of audiences.
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well-funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, transparent culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation including equity opportunities
- Flexible hours and additional recharge days
- Mental wellbeing support through Modern Health for you and your family
- Career growth
Some of our hiring managers are based internationally, an up to date CV in English would be appreciated