Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative - Raleigh, NC area (Hybrid role working in office and from home office as well)
Sysdig is driving the standard for securing the cloud and containers. We created Falco, the open standard for cloud-native threat detection, and consistently contribute to open source software projects. We are passionate, technical problem-solvers, continually innovating and delivering powerful solutions to secure the cloud from source to run.
We value diversity and open dialog to spur ideas, working closely together to achieve goals. We’re an international company that understands how to cultivate a strong culture across a remote team. And we're a great place to work too — we've been named a Bay Area Best Place to Work by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal for three years now! We were recognized by Deloitte as one of the 500 fastest growing organizations in 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are looking for team members who have a passion for container and cloud security and are willing to dig deeper to help our customers. Does this sound like the right place for you?
We’re searching for an Business Development Representative to help the world adopt containers, Kubernetes, and Docker in a secure, reliable way.
What you will do:
- Working in a team environment, you’ll source prospects, develop opportunities for Sysdig Secure, Monitor and Platform to new accounts through outbound efforts (email, phone) as well as other marketing campaigns
- Consistently achieve individual & team monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
- Develop skills necessary for successful lead generation and demo completion
- Educate customers on product functionality through conversations, demos, and presentations
- Uncover business needs, technical requirements, and the buyers purchasing process
- Proactively promote Sysdig and stay on top of Sysdig’s core functionality, product offerings, competitors, and overall market knowledge
- Document activities accurately in Salesforce.com
- Possibility of travel to trade shows and key accounts to develop new business
What you will bring with you:
- Minimum 1+ years of inside sales or business development experience selling to technical buyers, including developers or IT operations is preferred
- High technical competence desired, ideally in SaaS, cloud computing, or enterprise IT
- Highly motivated, competitive, and passionate team player
- Proven track record of achieving monthly, quarterly, and yearly pipeline & sales quotas
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills
- Startup experience and relevant industry experience both major pluses
- Desire to be coached, trained, and mentored towards a successful software sales career
Why work at Sysdig?
- We’re a well funded startup that already has a large enterprise customer base
- We have a pragmatic, approachable culture, from the CEO down
- We have an organizational focus on delivering value to customers
- Our open source tools (https://sysdig.com/opensource/) are widely used and loved by technologists & developers
When you join Sysdig, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation package
- Top-notch health insurance coverage
Additionally, we offer a variety of benefits and perks, such as:
- Flexible vacation policy
- Monthly allowance that can be used for the following types of expenses (Employee wellness, Housecleaning services, Home internet, Phone expenses, Office supplies, Office furniture)
The U.S. annual on target earnings (OTE) range for this full-time position is between $72,000 and $90,000/year. This range represents a combination of annual base pay and targeted commission. Actual offers may be higher or lower than this range based on a variety of factors, including (but not limited to) the candidate’s work location, job-related skills, experience and education.