The Boring Company
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Sunday, February 13, 2022
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to assist in the preparation of structural and civil engineering details, design plans, reports, and meeting exhibits.
- Work with legal descriptions, survey data, aerial photographs to create final plans and maps.
- Digitize as-built civil drawings, including utility and structural drawings.
- Work regularly in the field to conduct physical site surveys, prepare sketches and notes, and perform data collection.
- Coordinate job walks for pricing, work, schedules, or inspections with vendors, contractors, and building officials.
- Use measurements of surveying equipment to determine property lines and boundaries
- Ensure guidance systems are maintained and accurate using survey equipment and tunnel guidance software.
- Track and maintain inventories for tunnel survey equipment.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports documenting progress or challenges on any given project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience using AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- 2+ years of experience in active construction environment.
- Survey experience
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of experience working with AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines and field technicians.
- Acute attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Experience working with a team.
- Strong problem solving, deductive reasoning, and communication skills.
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 20% travel.
- Ability to work outdoors and in confined spaces.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.