The Boring Company
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 23, 2022
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Perform scheduled maintenance tasks in tunnels and vehicles
- Execute and verify Lock-out/Tag-out procedures on electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Troubleshoot de-energized electrical systems up to 600V on vehicles, tunnels and facilities
- Diagnose vehicle mechanical issues, assess repair procedures and propose course of action
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Create and manage work orders using web based tools and compile end-of-shift reports
- Order shop supplies, tools and parts as needed
- Regular check of loop vehicle cleanliness, charging level, and condition before and after use
- General labor as needed
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid United States Driver's License.
- 2+ years of experience professionally operating standard hand and power tools
- Professional exposure to at least two of the following: electrical systems, HVAC systems, mechanical systems, construction environments
- Ability to pass the Department of Transportation mandated Drug Screening Test
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Troubleshooting skills on electrical systems at or above 120V
- Professional experience with working on cars
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Autobody experience
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.