The Boring Company
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, April 15, 2022
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Review and provide feedback on performance, manufacturability, and simplicity of designs
- Determine critical path of project schedules and drive development and implementation on those critical items
- Communicate with all stakeholders in the integration process; design, production, build, and operation
- Organize and kit upcoming work including components, instructions, and tooling
- Constantly evaluate how the system fits into the larger picture of a working operation.
- Ensure that design, production, and build choices are in line with the top level needs and with ample consideration of immediate operation and future developments.
- Ensure all systems are compliant with appropriate regulations such as MSHA, OSHA, NEC, NFPA, Class 1 Division 2 Hazardous Location
- Bachelors or graduate degree in an engineering discipline or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience of design using CAD software, FEA software, PCB design software, and/or software development.
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines.
- Hands-on hardware experience performing fabrication, assembly and/or testing - can be in a professional, academic or recreational setting.
- Acute attention to detail.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in machine design.
- 5+ years of experience of design using CAD software, FEA software, PCB design software, and/or software development.
- Knowledgeable in mechatronics, mechanism design, fluid power system concepts and design, dynamics, material selection, testing methods, and common machining and fabrication processes.
- Experience in creating and driving product development schedules.
- Experience in leadership on technical teams.
- Willing to travel to job sites as required to commission & develop new designs, as well as troubleshoot and problem solve existing designs.
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.