Loop Safety & Security Manager
The Boring Company
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Monday, June 20, 2022
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
The Loop Safety & Security Manager position plays an important role in overseeing the safety and well-being of drivers and passengers inside the Vegas Loop transportation system. This role requires a strong and independent safety and security leader to drive compliance with TBC and OSHA standards and maintain a company culture that promotes and puts safety first. You will be responsible for identifying problems and quickly recommending and implementing solutions as well as responding to incidents as applicable. This role requires someone with phenomenal multi-tasking skills and a passion for creating and maintaining safe work environments.
- Create and publish training programs and materials to educate and inform workforce on workplace safety, environmental safety, and injury and illness prevention.
- Investigate accidents and/or near misses to understand process/procedure/equipment failures.
- Develop and implement corrective action to ensure process/procedure/equipment failures don't happen again.
- Perform daily inspections and audits of facilities, equipment and processes to ensure safe working conditions.
- Identify potential hazards and recommend and implement corrective actions.
- Conduct gas tests of the shaft and tunnel.
- Deliver safety orientation to new-hires.
- Distribute personal protective equipment (PPE) to employees.
- Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of managing safety and security operations.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Underground transportation experience.
- Active first-aid/CPR/AED certifications.
- OSHA 500 certification or significant progress made toward certification.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong multitasker with an acute sense of detail and superior ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to manage projects from inception to completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working or building relationships with employees and managers.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.