The Boring Company
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 4, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Create structural designs and detailing for shaft/shoring systems, foundations and steel structures.
- Draft drawings for construction in AutoCAD and Revit
- Work with engineering team to provide cost assessments.
- Produce tunnel lining design documentation, including lateral earth pressure calculations.
- Perform construction period observation and inspection.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or related
- 2+ years of experience in design for shafts, shoring systems, or steel structures.
- Experience developing drawings, details, specifications and calculations for building official approval and construction.
- Proficiency in reinforced concrete design to ACI codes.
- Proficiency in structural steel design to AISC codes.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Masters of Science in Civil/Structural Engineering with an emphasis in structural engineering.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license in Civil - Structural
- Strong understanding of drawing construct-ability.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Understanding of concrete and steel material design / properties.
- Experience in AutoCAD and Revit
- Proficient in 3D Finite Element Structural Analysis (SAP2000 or comparable software).
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Position may require extended hours and weekend work.
- Able to travel for short and extended trips as needed. Up to 20% travel.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.