The Boring Company
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
As a Loop Operator, you are in the heart of mission control for Vegas Loop. You will monitor and direct the flow of vehicles transporting thousands of passengers per hour. You will be at the forefront of helping the operator team grow and scale. You will work cross-functionally with many different teams and help find ways to improve processes.
The ideal person for this role is a great communicator and performs well under pressure. This position will require overnight and weekend shifts.
- Monitor the vehicle, drivers, and loading stations for safety and security.
- Coordinate emergency response actions in the event of an emergency.
- Dispatch drivers as necessary to ensure a world-class experience for our guests.
- Be able to drive vehicles in the loop as necessary for certification and driver training.
- Coordinate driver breaks and lunches to ensure the customer experience is maintained while following driver work limitations.
- Work on a variety of cross-functional projects as the system expands.
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work proactively and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work cross-functionally.
- Flexibility to take on different responsibilities based on company needs.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid United States Driver's License.
- Possess a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to pass the Department of Transportation mandated Drug Screening Test.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree.
- Work well under high-pressure emergency situations.
- Initiative in resolving problems and an independent worker.
- Proficient in using Office Suite or Google Workspace including, typing letters, creating/updating spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Email customer support experience
- Position will require varied shifts including but not limited to day, swing, and graveyard hours as well as weekend work.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.