The Boring Company
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Tuesday, October 13, 2020
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Welding assembly and fabrication on large scale structures and assemblies
- Effectively communicate with management/supervisors and engineering staff
- Modification, repair, assembly, and installation of the tunnel boring machine
- Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure it is complete per drawing
- Handle and dispose of hazardous materials in approved manner
- Setup of safety equipment and work platforms at elevation
- Driving of general shop equipment (forklifts, boom lifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
- High school diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience welding steel
- 2+ years of experience with any of the following: tank fabrication, elevated steel structure fabrication, elevated work, sheet metal work
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings, blueprints, weld callouts and specifications
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts
- Experience in machining and fabrication proficiencies
- Vertical mill, holding tight tolerances and correct material setups
- Lathe, holding tight tolerances and correct material setups
- Various power tools such as drills, saws, and pneumatic die grinders, etc.
- Utilize proper tools for precision measuring
- Basic knowledge of inherent non-destructive evaluation (NDE) inspection methods and criteria including penetrant, visual, and x-ray testing
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, OneNote)
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.