The Boring Company
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
The Boring Company is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Field Operations Engineer to drive forward production and logistics for our tunneling operations in Las Vegas. As a Field Operations Engineer, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth execution of our tunneling projects, interfacing with various teams within the construction operations and driving efficiency with a high sense of urgency. This role requires a strong technical background and the ability to work long hours in the field, with approximately 30% of your time spent in the tunnel.
- Oversee and manage production and logistics activities related to tunneling operations in Las Vegas.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and implement strategies for optimizing field operations, improving productivity, and reducing downtime.
- Monitor and analyze production data to identify areas for improvement, and propose and implement solutions to enhance operational efficiency.
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols and regulations to maintain a secure work environment for all team members.
- Act as a liaison between the field teams, engineering, project management, and supply chain departments, facilitating effective communication and coordination.
- Provide technical expertise and support during the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of tunneling equipment, including mechanical, electrical, and robotic systems.
- Conduct regular inspections and quality control checks to ensure adherence to project specifications and standards.
- Collaborate with suppliers and vendors to coordinate deliveries, manage inventory, and resolve any logistical issues that may arise.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programs for field personnel to enhance their technical skills and ensure adherence to operational protocols.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and advancements in tunneling technology, sharing knowledge and best practices with the team.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, robotics, mechatronics, production engineering, manufacturing, logistics, integration engineering, project management, or a related field. A master's degree is preferred.
- Proven experience in field operations, preferably in a construction or infrastructure-related industry.
- Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and robotic systems.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think analytically and strategically.
- Proficient in data analysis and familiarity with tools for data-driven decision making.
- Solid project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and manage resources effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and build relationships with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Flexibility and adaptability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Willingness to work long hours in the field, including spending approximately 30% of the time in the tunnel.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures in construction or similar industries.
- Experience with supply chain management and logistics is highly desirable.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.