Corporate Affairs Intern
The Boring Company
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
This paid part-time OR full-time internship is an opportunity to assist on the legal, business, and regulatory affairs of the Company, working directly with TBC’s Head of Legal Affairs and other principals.
As a Corporate Affairs Intern, you will problem-solve from the ground up (and down). You must be highly adaptable, excited about high-level strategic thinking, but not be afraid to get dirty (literally. You may get mud on you).
- Assist with development of ongoing and future projects, including our recently approved Vegas Loop
- Conduct research on a wide range of business and legal issues
- Support the deal-making process from start to finish, e.g., from structuring the business model to negotiating the contract
- Assist with on-the-ground operations, compliance, real estate, and other matters
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from college or law school
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Excellent grades and strong record of academic achievement
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment, accomplishing tasks with limited resources at a rapid pace
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.