The Boring Company
Accounting & Finance
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, January 8, 2021
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
This full-time paid internship will grant you the opportunity to explore many areas of an Accounting department within a tech start-up environment. Priority is given to students who have completed at least their sophomore year of college. Interns will be responsible for their own housing, food and transportation.
- Process vendor bills through digital inbox.
- Manage accounts payable inbox for vendor inquiries and vendor bill submissions.
- Coordinate with supervisor regarding next steps for responses to vendors.
- Expense reporting - initial review and processing through our reporting and reimbursement platform, Expensify.
- Effectively and professionally communicate expense filing policies with employees as needed.
- Ad hoc projects as identified by the Accounting department.
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a 4-year Bachelor's or Master's program at an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in Accounting or other related field.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong technical and organizational skills relative to accounting functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a professional environment.
- A high level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Reporting Location: Bastrop, Texas - Headquarters
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.