The Boring Company
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
We are hiring an entry-level position to support our production and integration teams around the Tunnel Boring Machine factory! This includes kitting parts, transferring parts between their respective shops, updating fields in the inventory system, and indicating component locations in inventory. This role will be on 11-hour shifts Monday-Friday. There are openings on both day and night shifts but flexibility is necessary.
- Kitting for welding: Collecting machined/waterjet parts, retrieving raw material from inventory racks, and placing them on 'ready' racks for the welders.
- Tracking progress in the inventory system: Marking tasks as complete in the work order system before transferring material from one shop to another (working alongside shop foremen).
- Moving pallets: Moving pallets from one shop to another to ensure a continuous flow of material through all manufacturing steps.
- Inventory system: Entering part numbers into the inventory system and locating components in inventory.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience with hand/power tools, forklifts, and other heavy equipment.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and experience operating at a high degree of urgency.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean working environment while adhering to company policies, quality policies and industry standards.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.