Field Electrical Engineering Technician
The Boring Company
Bastrop, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 17, 2021
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
- Install, terminate, troubleshoot, and repair electrical and controls equipment and instrumentation for our proprietary tunnel boring machine.
- Implement control and automation systems using PLCs and industrial automation equipment.
- Understand the principles of measuring levels, pressures, temperatures, flow, and analytical processes using instrumentation.
- Consulting manuals, reading and interpreting circuit diagrams, blueprints, and schematics.
- Assisting design team in design documentation and review process.
- Work with other engineers to integrate electrical systems with mechanical structures, mechanisms, and software packages.
- On-site electronics inventory management.
- Apprentice License
- Associate's Degree in relevant field.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role.
- Must be comfortable working in narrow and confined spaces, outdoors, and in a typical construction-site environment.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Journeyman's License
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or similar.
- Knowledgeable about high voltage power systems, including electric machines, motor controllers, transformers, and other grid-level electronics.
- Knowledgeable with various types of industrial automation and automotive DAQ technologies.
- Strong teamwork skills with a proven ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other engineering disciplines.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Experience with a variety of motor types (DC, AC induction, Synchronous, etc).
- Experience designing and implementing feedback control systems for electric machines.
- Experience working with PLCs (Beckhoff preferred).
- Experience designing panels, enclosures, and harnesses for rugged environments.
- High voltage safety training.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and maneuver in tight spaces.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel for short and extended trips as needed.
- Ability to work outdoors in heavy construction areas.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
We're a team of dedicated, smart, and scrappy people. Our employees are passionate about our mission and determined to innovate at every opportunity.
We offer employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage, a 401(k) plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, and a competitive amount of equity for all permanent employees.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.