Senior Mission Development Manager
Posted on Tuesday, February 28, 2023
Vannevar Labs builds next generation defense software for the public servants keeping our country safe. As a team, we exist because we believe in public service, and we think that our democracy and government improve only if we put serious, collective effort into improving them, including the technology our government uses.
This mission has become urgent. Ukraine is engaged in a war for survival with Russia. China regularly flies nuclear-capable bombers into Taiwan and Japan’s airspace. The US and our allies are fighting a war of deterrence with woefully outdated technology.
We build software to support these missions, including providing battlefield information to allies, identifying malign activity, and helping the US deter and deescalate conflict.
We are a profitable growth startup with some of the best defense investors in the world, including General Catalyst, DFJ Growth, Point72, and enterprise tech investors Costanoa and Felicis.
We are looking for a Senior Mission Development Manager to pursue go-to
market strategies and deliver significant growth outcomes at Vannevar. This
position will report to our Co-founder / President.
As a Senior Mission Development Manager, you will quarterback a growth
strategy for expanding current deployments and developing new national
security deployments. You will manage mission development leads and
partner closely with Senior Mission Success Managers. You will be
responsible for managing this pod or sets of pods to deliver on major growth
outcomes for the company. These pods focus on launching foothold pilots,
converting pilots into larger projects, and embedding those projects within
existing programs or inventing new ones within the national security space.
About You –
+ You bring experience and intuition to growing defense product
deployments from small-scale pilots into larger projects with the
Department of Defense.
+ You have mission domain expertise in national security technology.
+ You are hungry to work in a national security startup where you can
build a team and drive significant growth through creative approaches,
deep understanding of our technologies and their applications to
strategic competition with nation states, and relentless ground game.
What you will do with us
- Set strategy with mission team leadership. Create a go-to market strategies that will drive a set of deployments from new footholds to embed in current defense programs and develop into new category-defining programs.
- Deliver growth outcomes. Execute on this strategy with your pod to deliver growth from concept through contract close.
- Lead mission pods. Our mission team is organized into pods of growth, execution, and technology owners. You will be the senior mission development owner working on the program growth aspects of a certain set of deployments.
Who we are looking for
- 3+ years delivering growth for defense products
- Demonstrated ability to transition pilots and deliver growth outcomes
- Mission domain experience in national security technology
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.
- Must have an active Security Clearance or have held one previously.
What We Offer:
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Flexible work environment - you manage your workday
100% remote - work from anywhere in the US
Mental health benefits
Pet care reimbursement during travel
Vannevar Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don't feel like you're a perfect fit. If you're passionate about contributing to our mission, we'd love to hear from you!