Senior Mission Success Manager
Posted on Friday, March 3, 2023
Vannevar Labs brings innovative, robust, and scalable software design to the public servants working in defense and national security keeping our country safe.
As a team, we exist because we believe in public service, and we think that our democracy and government improve only if we put serious, collective effort into improving them, including the technology our government uses.
Our flagship product is Decrypt, a software platform for collecting and processing foreign language text data with a UI for enabling users to quickly interpret the data. Decrypt is driving some of our most important military and foreign policy decisions by enabling our government partners to understand and respond to foreign actors in ways previously not possible.
We are a growth startup with investment from Felicis Ventures, DFJ Growth, Aloft VC, General Catalyst, Point72, Costanoa Ventures, and Shield Capital.
We are looking for a Senior Mission Success Manager to execute on our deployments and deliver great technology outcomes to our defense and national security partners at Vannevar. This position will report to our Co-founder / President.
As a Senior Mission Success Manager, you will quarterback the execution strategy for delivering on our current deployments and new footholds as we develop them. You will manage mission success and deployment leads and partner closely with Senior Mission Development Managers. You will be responsible for managing this pod or sets of pods to deliver unit-changing mission outcomes for our defense partners through the technology we deploy.
About You –
· You bring experience and intuition to deploying new defense products with the Department of Defense.
· You have mission domain expertise in national security technology.
· You are hungry to work in a national security startup where you can build a team and drive significant mission outcomes through creative approaches, deep understanding of our technologies and their applications to strategic competition with nation states, and relentless ground game.
What you'll do:
- Set strategy with mission team leadership. Create execution strategies that will drive outcomes on a set of deployments that contribute to the overall growth strategy.
- Deliver mission impact. Execute on this strategy with your pod to create user traction, deliver major wins aligned with program managers’ objectives, and communicate this impact to project stakeholders.
- Lead mission pods. Our mission team is organized into pods of growth, execution, and technology owners. You will be the senior mission success owner working on the execution aspects of a certain set of deployments.
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience in customer success for defense products
- Demonstrated ability to transition pilots and deliver growth outcomes
- A mission domain expert with DoD mission user experience, domain knowledge, or military service. You understand our partners' organizational constructs and challenges because you lived them
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access U.S. only data systems and export controlled data.
- Security clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance
What We Offer:
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Flexible work environment - you manage your workday
100% remote - work from anywhere in the US
Mental health benefits
Pet care reimbursement during travel
Vannevar Labs is an equal opportunity employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply, even if you don't feel like you're a perfect fit. If you're passionate about contributing to our mission, we'd love to hear from you!
See more open positions at Vannevar Labs
Something looks off?